Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
As summer weather arrives and the country opens back up, hordes of road trippers will soon be hopping on the freeway. Before you throw your bags in the trunk, you'll want to make sure that your vehicle is prepared to provide you with a safe and enjoyable adventure. When you bring your vehicle to CNC Automotive, our local mechanics will expertly conduct any type of auto maintenance that you need. At our Troy, MO auto shop, we'll make sure that your car is in excellent condition before you set off on your journey.
Road Trip Auto Maintenance Tasks
Out on the open road, adventure awaits. But where there's adventure, there's also potential danger. By completing certain maintenance tasks before you embark, you can optimize your car's ability to keep you safe, allowing you to be more relaxed on your trip. Because your brakes are so crucial to your safety, you'll want to be sure they're working optimally. After all, you just never know when you might encounter a startled deer or a reckless driver. During brake service, our mechanics will inspect your brake system, replace pads if needed, and lubricate all relevant parts. If any serious brake problems are found, they'll be explained to you and you'll be given a repair estimate. Another important safety task is checking tire pressure. Typically, tire pressure needs to be somewhere between 30 and 35 psi, but you'll want to verify the exact tire pressure that is specified for your tires. Proper tire pressure reduces the risk of a blowout, while also improving MPGs. And for safe visibility through your windshield, old wiper blades should be replaced. This is a quick and affordable maintenance task that will allow you to better see the road if a summertime thunderstorm suddenly hits.
Certain maintenance tasks will help you and your vehicle beat the heat. When you get AC service, the mechanic will check all AC components to ensure they're working properly and capable of keeping you cool and comfortable when driving through scorching stretches of highway. You should also see if you're due for cooling system service. It's generally recommended that coolant gets exchanged every 30,000 miles, though you can check your owner's manual to see exactly how often your vehicle requires this maintenance task. When your engine has to endure extended stretches through blazing sun, you don't want to risk overheating causing major problems. With a healthy cooling system, you'll have the mechanisms in place to keep the heat in check.
Getting Auto Maintenance in Troy, MO
When you need auto maintenance in Troy, MO, give CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair a call at 636-528-4808 to schedule an appointment. Our experienced mechanics can expertly complete any of your vehicle's repair or maintenance needs before you hit the road!
- 3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
- 5 Warning Signs of Cooling System Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- 4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
- Follow these Simple Tips to Boost MPGs & Save Gas Money
- What can I do to prevent major transmission problems?
- Signs of Brake Failure We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Warning Signs of Engine Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
- Road Trip Auto Maintenance: A Quick Look at Important Tasks
- Simple Ways to Reduce the Risk of Serious Engine Trouble
- Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
- Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble that We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
- Common Causes of No-Start that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Symptoms of Cooling System Failure that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- What are common signs of diesel engine trouble?
- Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
- Common Signs of an Engine Problem
- What are common check engine light triggers?
- Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
- Important Benefits of Staying Up to Date with Oil Changes
- 6 Warning Signs of Alternator Failure
- Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
- Expert Auto Repair in Troy, MO
- 7 Car Problems that Can Cause No-Start
- Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
- Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
- Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
- 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair