Common Causes of No-Start Car Engine
If your car isn't firing up as easily as usual, then you'll want to promptly get to the shop for an inspection. If you ignore the issue, then there's a good chance it'll soon worsen to the point that your engine won't start whatsoever and you end up stranded. At CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair, our local mechanics are highly experienced with identifying and fixing problems that cause no-start.
Common Reasons that Cars Won't Start
Battery/charging system trouble is often to blame for no-start. Batteries die for reasons such as corroded/loose connections, leaving headlights on, parasitic draws, and old age. Alternator failure can also lead to a dead battery. Symptoms of alternator trouble include malfunctioning interior electrical accessories (such as power seats and radio) and flickering/dimming headlights. There's also cause for concern if a dashboard warning light illuminates that reads ALT or GEN or comes on in the shape of a little battery.
Another common cause of non-start is inadequate fuel supply. A variety of problems can cause this issue. With a clogged fuel filter, your engine may not receive sufficient fuel to get started. This problem can be avoided by replacing your fuel filter every 20,000 to 30,000 miles. A faulty fuel pump can also cause issues with getting your engine to start. Indications of fuel pump trouble include worsening gas mileage, sputtering, and a whining noise coming from the gas tank. Dirty fuel injectors may also make it more challenging for your engine to come roaring to life. You can try using a fuel additive as a way to eliminate contaminants from injectors and intake valves.
Also, starter failure can prevent your engine from firing up. A common sign of starter trouble is that you turn the key and only get a clicking noise. A faulty starter can also cause a grinding sound.
Auto Repair in Troy, MO
When you need auto maintenance in Troy, MO, give CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair a call at 636-528-4808 to schedule an appointment. Our experienced mechanics can expertly complete any of your vehicle's repair or maintenance needs before you hit the road!
- 3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
- 5 Warning Signs of Cooling System Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- 4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
- Follow these Simple Tips to Boost MPGs & Save Gas Money
- What can I do to prevent major transmission problems?
- Signs of Brake Failure We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Warning Signs of Engine Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
- Road Trip Auto Maintenance: A Quick Look at Important Tasks
- Simple Ways to Reduce the Risk of Serious Engine Trouble
- Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
- Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble that We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
- Common Causes of No-Start that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Symptoms of Cooling System Failure that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- What are common signs of diesel engine trouble?
- Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
- Common Signs of an Engine Problem
- What are common check engine light triggers?
- Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
- Important Benefits of Staying Up to Date with Oil Changes
- 6 Warning Signs of Alternator Failure
- Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
- Expert Auto Repair in Troy, MO
- 7 Car Problems that Can Cause No-Start
- Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
- Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
- Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
- 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair