Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
A faulty alternator can cause the battery's power reserve to become drained, leaving the engine unable to fire up. When you first notice evidence of an alternator problem, it's best to get to the shop so the mechanic can conduct an inspection. At CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair, our local mechanics are highly experienced with alternator and electrical system repair in the greater Troy, MO area.
Common Symptoms of Alternator Trouble
A dead battery is a problem that is commonly associated with alternator failure. However, a dead battery doesn't automatically mean that there's an issue with the alternator. There are many reasons why car batteries die, such as old age, loose/corroded connections, parasitic draws, and forgetting to turn off headlights. But if there's no other obvious culprit for your dead battery, then there's reason to further investigate your alternator.
Another common sign of alternator trouble is an illuminated dashboard warning light. Commonly, this light turns on in the shape of a small battery. However, this warning light in your car may instead come on as the letters GEN or ALT. It's always important to promptly identify the underlying issue that is triggering a warning light. This way, the problem can be addressed before it gets worse.
There's also cause for concern with your alternator if your car's electrical accessories aren't working properly. Today's vehicles commonly have computers that can determine which electrical accessories should have their power supply diminished (such as power seats or power windows) when the alternator isn't working properly. This saves power for the car's most crucial electrical functions, such as headlights. That said, an alternator issue can cause headlights to start dimming/flickering.
Alternator and Auto Electric Repair in Troy, MO
When you need auto maintenance in Troy, MO, give CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair a call at 636-528-4808 to schedule an appointment. Our experienced mechanics can expertly complete any of your vehicle's repair or maintenance needs before you hit the road!
- 3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
- 5 Warning Signs of Cooling System Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- 4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
- Follow these Simple Tips to Boost MPGs & Save Gas Money
- What can I do to prevent major transmission problems?
- Signs of Brake Failure We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Warning Signs of Engine Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
- Road Trip Auto Maintenance: A Quick Look at Important Tasks
- Simple Ways to Reduce the Risk of Serious Engine Trouble
- Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
- Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble that We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
- Common Causes of No-Start that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Symptoms of Cooling System Failure that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- What are common signs of diesel engine trouble?
- Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
- Common Signs of an Engine Problem
- What are common check engine light triggers?
- Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
- Important Benefits of Staying Up to Date with Oil Changes
- 6 Warning Signs of Alternator Failure
- Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
- Expert Auto Repair in Troy, MO
- 7 Car Problems that Can Cause No-Start
- Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
- Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
- Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
- 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair