Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
Even when gas prices are low, you still want to keep your fuel expenditures to a minimum. Here's a look at seven easy ways to improve fuel-efficiency.
Replace Air Filter
By installing a fresh filter, the right amount of air will be able to reach the combustion chamber. This will prevent the engine from burning additional fuel as a way to make up for a lack of air.
New Fuel Filter
It's important to replace your fuel filter about every 30,000 miles so that contaminants don't harm performance and gas mileage.
Replace Spark Plugs
As old spark plugs repeatedly misfire, a lot of fuel can go to waste. Generally, it's best to replace plugs in older vehicles every 30,000 miles. In vehicles built after 2000, it's often okay to go 100,000 miles before replacing plugs.
Correct Fuel Grade
If your vehicle is designed to take higher grade fuel, then you should always adhere to this specification. Otherwise, you may see a reduction in fuel-efficiency, and engine issues may even arise.
To get rid of pollutants from injectors and intake valves, you can try using a fuel additive. If you do use an additive, you'll want to purchase one that you're sure works well with your particular vehicle.
Tight Gas Cap
A poorly fitting gas cap may result in fuel evaporating before you even get the opportunity to use it.
Proper Tire Inflation
Because soft rubber takes more power to roll down the road, under-inflated tires can cause a drop in MPGs.
When you need auto maintenance in Troy, MO, give CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair a call at 636-528-4808 to schedule an appointment. Our experienced mechanics can expertly complete any of your vehicle's repair or maintenance needs before you hit the road!
- 3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
- 5 Warning Signs of Cooling System Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- 4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
- Follow these Simple Tips to Boost MPGs & Save Gas Money
- What can I do to prevent major transmission problems?
- Signs of Brake Failure We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Warning Signs of Engine Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
- Road Trip Auto Maintenance: A Quick Look at Important Tasks
- Simple Ways to Reduce the Risk of Serious Engine Trouble
- Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
- Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble that We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
- Common Causes of No-Start that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Symptoms of Cooling System Failure that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- What are common signs of diesel engine trouble?
- Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
- Common Signs of an Engine Problem
- What are common check engine light triggers?
- Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
- Important Benefits of Staying Up to Date with Oil Changes
- 6 Warning Signs of Alternator Failure
- Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
- Expert Auto Repair in Troy, MO
- 7 Car Problems that Can Cause No-Start
- Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
- Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
- Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
- 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair