4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
If you have a cracked engine block, then it may make the most financial sense to install a new engine. Engine blocks often crack because of problems related to overheating. This is why you should always be proactive about fixing any issues with your cooling system. If overheating causes an engine block to crack, then there could be serious trouble with internal engine parts, including your combustion chamber. At CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair, our local mechanics provide expert engine repair and replacement in the greater Troy, MO area. Here are four signs that your engine block is cracked.
An assortment of car problems can cause power loss, and a cracked engine block is a particularly serious one. With a cracked block, there could be a loss of compression. Consequently, you may notice poor idling and decreasing engine performance.
If there's a crack in your engine block, then coolant may leak. As a result, overheating could lead to even worse problems. Signs that your vehicle is overheating include steam emerging from below your hood, as well as a temp gauge that has climbed into the red.
A crack in the engine block may allow exhaust fumes to exit through the crack instead of being properly sent through the exhaust system. Such exhaust smoke could have a blue tinge. When this occurs, there's also a good chance that overall engine performance is becoming increasingly poor.
Oil and Antifreeze Are Mixed
A cracked block may allow coolant and antifreeze to become mixed up. This can create fluid that has a milky appearance. This is a problem that is also notorious for occurring when a head gasket is blown. If oil looks milky on your dipstick, then you'll want to promptly bring the issue to a mechanic's attention.
Engine Repair and Replacement in Troy, MO
When you need auto maintenance in Troy, MO, give CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair a call at 636-528-4808 to schedule an appointment. Our experienced mechanics can expertly complete any of your vehicle's repair or maintenance needs before you hit the road!
- 3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
- 5 Warning Signs of Cooling System Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- 4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
- Follow these Simple Tips to Boost MPGs & Save Gas Money
- What can I do to prevent major transmission problems?
- Signs of Brake Failure We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Warning Signs of Engine Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
- Road Trip Auto Maintenance: A Quick Look at Important Tasks
- Simple Ways to Reduce the Risk of Serious Engine Trouble
- Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
- Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble that We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
- Common Causes of No-Start that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Symptoms of Cooling System Failure that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- What are common signs of diesel engine trouble?
- Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
- Common Signs of an Engine Problem
- What are common check engine light triggers?
- Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
- Important Benefits of Staying Up to Date with Oil Changes
- 6 Warning Signs of Alternator Failure
- Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
- Expert Auto Repair in Troy, MO
- 7 Car Problems that Can Cause No-Start
- Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
- Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
- Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
- 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair