Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
As gas prices are expected to remain high for the rest of the year or longer, it's worthwhile to take some fuel-saving measures. There are some easy ways for you to prevent fuel waste as you drive to work and back each day. There are also some maintenance measures that can be done quickly at the shop and will help your car get the best gas mileage possible. At CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair, our local mechanics can conduct maintenance that will help to boost your MPGs.
Easy Ways to Improve Fuel-Efficiency
During your daily driving routine, you can take some basic measures to save fuel. For one, it's important that you're always driving with correct tire pressure. Generally, tire pressure needs to be at a point between 30 and 35 psi, but it's worth checking your particular pressure specifications and then inflating your tires as needed. Underinflated tires can cause your engine to expend more energy to make the soft rubber roll at your needed speed. As a result, gas mileage could dip. Another simple thing you can do is always make sure your gas cap is tightly secured after you fill up your tank. With a loose or missing gas cap, fuel may evaporate before your engine gets the opportunity to run on it.
When you visit us at our shop, we can conduct maintenance that will help your vehicle get better gas mileage. Fuel filters should be replaced every 20,000 to 30,000 miles, which help to prevent contaminants from hurting fuel-efficiency and engine performance. It's best to change out your air filter every 12,000 to 15,000 miles so that a sufficient amount of air can get to your combustion chamber. This will prevent your engine from burning excessive fuel as it tries to compensate for a lack of air. There are also other types of basic maintenance that we can do that will help to optimize gas mileage, such as spark plug replacement and regular oil changes.
Auto Maintenance in Troy, MO
When you need auto maintenance in Troy, MO, give CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair a call at 636-528-4808 to schedule an appointment. Our experienced mechanics can expertly complete any of your vehicle's repair or maintenance needs before you hit the road!
- 3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
- 5 Warning Signs of Cooling System Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- 4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
- Follow these Simple Tips to Boost MPGs & Save Gas Money
- What can I do to prevent major transmission problems?
- Signs of Brake Failure We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Warning Signs of Engine Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
- Road Trip Auto Maintenance: A Quick Look at Important Tasks
- Simple Ways to Reduce the Risk of Serious Engine Trouble
- Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
- Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble that We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
- Common Causes of No-Start that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Symptoms of Cooling System Failure that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- What are common signs of diesel engine trouble?
- Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
- Common Signs of an Engine Problem
- What are common check engine light triggers?
- Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
- Important Benefits of Staying Up to Date with Oil Changes
- 6 Warning Signs of Alternator Failure
- Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
- Expert Auto Repair in Troy, MO
- 7 Car Problems that Can Cause No-Start
- Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
- Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
- Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
- 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair