Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
To minimize the risk of major engine problems developing, it's very important that you stay current with certain maintenance tasks. At CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair, our local mechanics can complete maintenance measures that will help to keep your engine healthy for as long as reasonably possible.
Important Engine Maintenance Tasks
Staying current with oil changes is one of the most important things you can do to keep your engine healthy. By following your oil change schedule, you'll be regularly driving with the right amount of clean oil. This will protect your engine's moving parts from suffering serious damage from metal-on-metal contact. This will also help with redistributing heat from your combustion chamber, which will make it easier for your engine to stay at a healthy temperature.
You'll also want to replace your timing belt at the mileage point called for in your owner's manual. Generally, this is supposed to be done somewhere between 60,000 and 105,000 miles. If you don't replace your timing belt as required, then your belt might break and cause major engine trouble.
Another important task is to stay current with cooling system service. Commonly, it's suggested that coolant gets exchanged at intervals of 30,000 miles. However, you should check your owner's manual for its exact guidelines and then get to the shop for coolant exchanges accordingly. With a healthy cooling system, it's much less likely that overheating will cause major engine damage.
Another important task is to replace filters as necessary. Air filters should be replaced at about 13,000 miles so that the right amount of air can easily get to the combustion chamber. When a gunked-up filter impedes airflow, emissions and gas mileage can get worse. Also, fuel filters should be replaced every 20,000 to 30,000 miles so that contaminants don't hurt engine performance and fuel-efficiency.
Auto Maintenance in Troy, MO
When you need auto maintenance in Troy, MO, give CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair a call at 636-528-4808 to schedule an appointment. Our experienced mechanics can expertly complete any of your vehicle's repair or maintenance needs before you hit the road!
- 3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
- 5 Warning Signs of Cooling System Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- 4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
- Follow these Simple Tips to Boost MPGs & Save Gas Money
- What can I do to prevent major transmission problems?
- Signs of Brake Failure We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Warning Signs of Engine Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
- Road Trip Auto Maintenance: A Quick Look at Important Tasks
- Simple Ways to Reduce the Risk of Serious Engine Trouble
- Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
- Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble that We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
- Common Causes of No-Start that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Symptoms of Cooling System Failure that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- What are common signs of diesel engine trouble?
- Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
- Common Signs of an Engine Problem
- What are common check engine light triggers?
- Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
- Important Benefits of Staying Up to Date with Oil Changes
- 6 Warning Signs of Alternator Failure
- Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
- Expert Auto Repair in Troy, MO
- 7 Car Problems that Can Cause No-Start
- Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
- Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
- Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
- 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair