Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
There's no system in your vehicle that is more important to your safety than your brakes. You just never know when a distracted or intoxicated driver is going to shoot right through a stop sign. In such a frightening situation, you need your brakes to work perfectly. When you first notice a sign of brake trouble, you'll want to bring your vehicle to the shop for a thorough inspection. Here's a look at seven common signs that you need brake repair.
ABS Light Illuminates
These letters are short for anti-lock braking system. If they light up on your dashboard, then an issue with your brakes has been detected and you'll want to soon bring your vehicle to the shop so the problem can be identified and addressed.
A high-pitched squealing noise is likely to arise if the small piece of metal attached to the brake pad starts to rub against the rotor.
If your brakes are grinding, then your brake pads have likely become dilapidated. In this scenario, your discs could become prone to damage.
When corrosion causes a caliper to seize up, the vehicle may veer off to one side when the brakes are engaged. This is not just a significant mechanical problem, but also a safety concern because you no longer have complete control over your vehicle's trajectory. This is a problem that definitely needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
Soft Brake Pedal
Moisture or air in the braking system could cause your brake pedal to easily fall to the floor when you step down on it.
Vibrations that come from your brakes could be due to warped rotors.
Brake Fluid Leak
When brake fluid leaks, it tends to accumulate beneath the master brake cylinder or alongside a tire. For optimal braking system function, you'll want to always operate with the right amount of clean fluid.
When you need auto maintenance in Troy, MO, give CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair a call at 636-528-4808 to schedule an appointment. Our experienced mechanics can expertly complete any of your vehicle's repair or maintenance needs before you hit the road!
- 3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
- 5 Warning Signs of Cooling System Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- 4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
- Follow these Simple Tips to Boost MPGs & Save Gas Money
- What can I do to prevent major transmission problems?
- Signs of Brake Failure We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Warning Signs of Engine Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
- Road Trip Auto Maintenance: A Quick Look at Important Tasks
- Simple Ways to Reduce the Risk of Serious Engine Trouble
- Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
- Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble that We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
- Common Causes of No-Start that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Symptoms of Cooling System Failure that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- What are common signs of diesel engine trouble?
- Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
- Common Signs of an Engine Problem
- What are common check engine light triggers?
- Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
- Important Benefits of Staying Up to Date with Oil Changes
- 6 Warning Signs of Alternator Failure
- Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
- Expert Auto Repair in Troy, MO
- 7 Car Problems that Can Cause No-Start
- Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
- Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
- Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
- 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair