CNC Gives Back
When your vehicle first starts struggling to start, you'll want to bring the issue to a mechanic's attention. If you delay, the problem is liable to worsen to the point that your vehicle won't fire up whatsoever and you end up stranded. Here's a look at seven common problems that prevent cars from starting up.
If you stick your key in the ignition and turn it, but get nothing except a clicking sound, then you've got a classic sign of starter failure. Eventually, standard wear and tear can lead to the failure of the starter motor and solenoid.
Failing Fuel Pump
Signs of fuel pump trouble include poor acceleration and sputtering at high speeds. A healthy fuel pump enables gas to reliably move between the tank and engine.
Clogged Fuel Filter
Once a fuel filter gets completely clogged up, it can prevent your engine from taking in the fuel it needs to fire up. By getting to the shop for fuel filter replacement every 30,000 miles, you can avoid this issue.
Battery/Charging System Issues
When you put a new battery in your car, it should last for three to five years. But if it dies at an earlier age, the problem could be with an alternator that isn't charging the battery properly.
Faulty Ignition Switch
For power to be effectively directed to the starter solenoid, you need a healthy ignition switch. Flickering dash lights are an indication of ignition switch trouble.
Dirty Fuel Injectors
As fuel injectors become all gunked-up, the combustion chamber might not be able to receive sufficient fuel to bring your engine roaring to life. You can try pouring a fuel additive into your tank to get rid of pollutants from injectors and intake valves.
Failing Distributor Cap
For voltage to be properly directed to the spark plugs, it's important that moisture isn't finding its way under your distributor cap.
When you need auto maintenance in Troy, MO, give CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair a call at 636-528-4808 to schedule an appointment. Our experienced mechanics can expertly complete any of your vehicle's repair or maintenance needs before you hit the road!
- 3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
- 5 Warning Signs of Cooling System Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- 4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
- Follow these Simple Tips to Boost MPGs & Save Gas Money
- What can I do to prevent major transmission problems?
- Signs of Brake Failure We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Warning Signs of Engine Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
- Road Trip Auto Maintenance: A Quick Look at Important Tasks
- Simple Ways to Reduce the Risk of Serious Engine Trouble
- Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
- Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble that We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
- Common Causes of No-Start that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Symptoms of Cooling System Failure that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- What are common signs of diesel engine trouble?
- Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
- Common Signs of an Engine Problem
- What are common check engine light triggers?
- Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
- Important Benefits of Staying Up to Date with Oil Changes
- 6 Warning Signs of Alternator Failure
- Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
- Expert Auto Repair in Troy, MO
- 7 Car Problems that Can Cause No-Start
- Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
- Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
- Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
- 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair