Signs of Brake Failure
For you to stay as safe as possible on the road, it's crucial that your brakes are working flawlessly. At the first indication of brake failure, you'll want to get to the shop so the mechanic can inspect the matter. At CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair, our local mechanics are experts at brake repair in the greater Troy, MO area. We'll make sure that your brakes can be trusted to safely slow down your vehicle.
Warning Signs of Brake Trouble
When symptoms of brake trouble arise, issues with pads are often to blame. A high-pitched squealing sound is an indication that the little piece of metal attached to your brake pad has started to rub against the rotor. With worn-out brake pads, grinding may occur, which could potentially lead to disc damage. It's generally best to get new brake pads at some point between 30,000 and 50,000 miles. How soon you need new brake pads will largely depend on how hard or gentle you are on your brakes.
If your car veers off to one side when you hit the brakes, then you've got an especially dangerous sign of trouble. This could be occurring because corrosion has caused a caliper to seize. Because this creates a major safety risk both for yourself and other drivers, it needs to be taken care of ASAP.
If your ABS warning light comes on, then you'll want to get to the shop so the issue that's triggering the light can be identified. This light sometimes illuminates due to worrisome signals from wheel sensors. It's also possible for this light to turn on because fluid in the reservoir has gotten low. In the event that you have a brake fluid leak, then you're dealing with a major safety issue that should be addressed as quickly as possible. Leaking brake fluid often accumulates beneath the master brake cylinder or next to a tire.
Another symptom of brake failure is that your brake pedal easily sinks to the floor when you step on it with a regular amount of pressure. This could be occurring because of an issue with water or air in the braking system.
Brake Repair in Troy, MO
When you need auto maintenance in Troy, MO, give CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair a call at 636-528-4808 to schedule an appointment. Our experienced mechanics can expertly complete any of your vehicle's repair or maintenance needs before you hit the road!
- 3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
- 5 Warning Signs of Cooling System Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- 4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
- Follow these Simple Tips to Boost MPGs & Save Gas Money
- What can I do to prevent major transmission problems?
- Signs of Brake Failure We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Warning Signs of Engine Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
- Road Trip Auto Maintenance: A Quick Look at Important Tasks
- Simple Ways to Reduce the Risk of Serious Engine Trouble
- Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
- Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble that We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
- Common Causes of No-Start that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Symptoms of Cooling System Failure that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- What are common signs of diesel engine trouble?
- Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
- Common Signs of an Engine Problem
- What are common check engine light triggers?
- Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
- Important Benefits of Staying Up to Date with Oil Changes
- 6 Warning Signs of Alternator Failure
- Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
- Expert Auto Repair in Troy, MO
- 7 Car Problems that Can Cause No-Start
- Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
- Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
- Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
- 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair