Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
Because transmission issues often rapidly worsen, it's important to get to the shop at the first sign of trouble. By being proactive, you could potentially save yourself from having to pay for much more expensive repairs. When you need transmission repair, be sure to bring your vehicle to a mechanic who specializes in transmission service. Here are six common symptoms of transmission trouble.
One of the most familiar signs of transmission trouble is that the vehicle suddenly jumps out of gear while you're cruising along. In some instances, this issue can be resolved by getting a transmission fluid flush. However, there's also a chance that it will require more complex work to take care of it.
Transmission Fluid Leak
It's a good idea to occasionally take a look at the pavement where your vehicle is often parked and see if there are any signs of leaking automotive fluids. Transmission fluid can often be differentiated from other fluids by its red color. If your car has a transmission fluid leak, you'll want to address it quickly so that you don't risk serious problems arising from a dangerously low fluid level.
Burning Transmission Fluid
It's typically best to check transmission fluid while the vehicle is running. If the fluid looks or smells burnt, you'll want to have a mechanic conduct an inspection so the underlying problem can be identified and addressed.
If your transmission is operating with worn-out parts that are overdue for replacement, then your vehicle may start jerking during the shifting process.
Grinding in a manual transmission is a sign of clutch failure. With this symptom, it is possible that a clutch adjustment will resolve this issue. A spongy or sticky clutch pedal is also symptomatic of clutch trouble.
Difficult to Get into Gear
A problem with the clutch master cylinder could make it very challenging to put your manual transmission into gear.
When you need auto maintenance in Troy, MO, give CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair a call at 636-528-4808 to schedule an appointment. Our experienced mechanics can expertly complete any of your vehicle's repair or maintenance needs before you hit the road!
- 3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
- 5 Warning Signs of Cooling System Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- 4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
- Follow these Simple Tips to Boost MPGs & Save Gas Money
- What can I do to prevent major transmission problems?
- Signs of Brake Failure We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Warning Signs of Engine Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
- Road Trip Auto Maintenance: A Quick Look at Important Tasks
- Simple Ways to Reduce the Risk of Serious Engine Trouble
- Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
- Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble that We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
- Common Causes of No-Start that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Symptoms of Cooling System Failure that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- What are common signs of diesel engine trouble?
- Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
- Common Signs of an Engine Problem
- What are common check engine light triggers?
- Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
- Important Benefits of Staying Up to Date with Oil Changes
- 6 Warning Signs of Alternator Failure
- Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
- Expert Auto Repair in Troy, MO
- 7 Car Problems that Can Cause No-Start
- Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
- Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
- Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
- 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair