3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
By keeping with essential maintenance tasks, you can significantly reduce the risk of major engine problems developing. But if you do notice a symptom of engine trouble, you'll want to get to the shop ASAP so the issue can be addressed before it escalates. At CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair, our local mechanics provide expert engine repair and maintenance in the greater Troy, MO. Here are three important types of auto maintenance to prevent serious engine problems.
By always keeping up with your car's oil change schedule, you'll help to ensure that your engine's moving parts stay thoroughly lubricated and protected against major damage from severe metal-on-metal contact. Also, driving with the right level of unpolluted oil makes it easier for heat to be redistributed from the combustion chamber. This helps to keep your engine temperature within a healthy range.
Cooling System Service
Overheating can cause major engine damage, such as a cracked black, making it very important that your car's cooling system stays in excellent condition. Coolant is generally supposed to be exchanged every 30,000 miles, but it's best to consult your owner's manual to see your vehicle's exact requirement. During a coolant exchange, old dirty fluid is emptied from your vehicle and replaced with the right amount of uncontaminated fluid, which plays a crucial role in keeping your engine at a safe temperature.
Timing Belt Replacement
To keep your camshaft and crankshaft in correct alignment, it's important that you're driving with a healthy timing belt. Timing belts usually need to be replaced at a point between 60,000 and 105,000 miles, and it's best to check your owner's manual for your car's precise mileage point for this service. When timing belt replacement is delayed, there's a greater risk of the belt breaking, which can cause massive engine trouble.
Auto Maintenance in Troy, MO
When you need auto maintenance in Troy, MO, give CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair a call at 636-528-4808 to schedule an appointment. Our experienced mechanics can expertly complete any of your vehicle's repair or maintenance needs before you hit the road!
- 3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
- 5 Warning Signs of Cooling System Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- 4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
- Follow these Simple Tips to Boost MPGs & Save Gas Money
- What can I do to prevent major transmission problems?
- Signs of Brake Failure We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Warning Signs of Engine Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
- Road Trip Auto Maintenance: A Quick Look at Important Tasks
- Simple Ways to Reduce the Risk of Serious Engine Trouble
- Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
- Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble that We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
- Common Causes of No-Start that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Symptoms of Cooling System Failure that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- What are common signs of diesel engine trouble?
- Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
- Common Signs of an Engine Problem
- What are common check engine light triggers?
- Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
- Important Benefits of Staying Up to Date with Oil Changes
- 6 Warning Signs of Alternator Failure
- Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
- Expert Auto Repair in Troy, MO
- 7 Car Problems that Can Cause No-Start
- Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
- Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
- Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
- 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair