Warning Signs of Engine Trouble
It's important to get to the shop ASAP if you notice a sign of engine trouble. If you ignore the symptom, then the underlying problem could soon escalate and require much more costly repairs. At CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair, our local mechanics are highly experienced with engine diagnostics and repair in the greater Troy, MO area.
The Check Engine Light Flashes On
When the check engine light comes on, it doesn't automatically mean that your engine is nearing disaster. But you should still get to the shop for computerized diagnostics so the issue that's triggering the light can be addressed before it gets worse.
Common Symptoms of an Engine Problem
Power loss is one potential sign of serious trouble. You don't necessarily need to worry if your old vehicle with high mileage has gradually lost a little power. But if your car's power loss is sudden and pronounced, then you could be dealing with something significant, such as a piston or head gasket problem.
Another indication of trouble is that there are strange sounds coming from your engine. Knocking/tapping noises may arise due to issues such as a lean air/fuel mixture, bad timing, failing rod bearings, and dangerously low oil. If you hear squealing noises, then there's a good chance you have a serpentine belt issue. And grinding sounds can be caused by problems with power steering and water pumps.
You'll also want to get to the shop if you see discolored/excessive smoke coming from your exhaust. White smoke is a symptom of an internal coolant leak and could mean you have a blown head gasket. Blue-tinged smoke is a sign of an oil leak. Black smoke suggests that an excessive amount of fuel is burning up.
Engine Repair in Troy, MO
When you need auto maintenance in Troy, MO, give CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair a call at 636-528-4808 to schedule an appointment. Our experienced mechanics can expertly complete any of your vehicle's repair or maintenance needs before you hit the road!
- 3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
- 5 Warning Signs of Cooling System Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- 4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
- Follow these Simple Tips to Boost MPGs & Save Gas Money
- What can I do to prevent major transmission problems?
- Signs of Brake Failure We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Warning Signs of Engine Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
- Road Trip Auto Maintenance: A Quick Look at Important Tasks
- Simple Ways to Reduce the Risk of Serious Engine Trouble
- Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
- Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble that We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
- Common Causes of No-Start that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Symptoms of Cooling System Failure that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- What are common signs of diesel engine trouble?
- Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
- Common Signs of an Engine Problem
- What are common check engine light triggers?
- Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
- Important Benefits of Staying Up to Date with Oil Changes
- 6 Warning Signs of Alternator Failure
- Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
- Expert Auto Repair in Troy, MO
- 7 Car Problems that Can Cause No-Start
- Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
- Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
- Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
- 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair