Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble
A healthy suspension is necessary for your vehicle to handle safely and smoothly. At the first indication of a suspension problem, you'll want to get to the shop for an inspection. At CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair, our local mechanics are highly experienced with conducting suspension repair in Troy, MO and the surrounding area.
Common Symptoms of a Suspension Problem
Suspension trouble is likely brewing if your vehicle bounces excessively anytime it hits a little bump. And if you hear clunking noises when driving over bumps, then you have evidence of a bad spring. Another indication of a failing spring is that your vehicle slouches in the relevant corner.
You can also do a simple test to get a better idea of your suspension's health. First, make sure your vehicle is safely parked. Then walk to the front end, press down hard on it, rock it twice, and then let go. Next, go to the vehicle's rear and precisely repeat this step. When you release, your vehicle shouldn't rock on its own more than three times. But if it does, then you've got a sign of an unhealthy suspension.
Signs of suspension failure can also arise during the braking process. With a bad suspension, it may feel like your car is nose-diving when you hit the brakes. A faulty suspension can also make it take longer for your car to come to a complete stop after you've begun braking.
There are a few other common indications of suspension trouble to be aware of. For one, a bad suspension can make it feel like your car is drifting or swaying when you go around corners. Also, if you can see oil leaking out onto your shocks, then it's probably time for them to be replaced. And with a faulty suspension, tire tread may wear down unevenly, resulting in bald spots on tires.
Suspension Repair in Troy, MO
When you need auto maintenance in Troy, MO, give CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair a call at 636-528-4808 to schedule an appointment. Our experienced mechanics can expertly complete any of your vehicle's repair or maintenance needs before you hit the road!
- 3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
- 5 Warning Signs of Cooling System Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- 4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
- Follow these Simple Tips to Boost MPGs & Save Gas Money
- What can I do to prevent major transmission problems?
- Signs of Brake Failure We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Warning Signs of Engine Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
- Road Trip Auto Maintenance: A Quick Look at Important Tasks
- Simple Ways to Reduce the Risk of Serious Engine Trouble
- Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
- Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble that We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
- Common Causes of No-Start that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Symptoms of Cooling System Failure that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- What are common signs of diesel engine trouble?
- Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
- Common Signs of an Engine Problem
- What are common check engine light triggers?
- Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
- Important Benefits of Staying Up to Date with Oil Changes
- 6 Warning Signs of Alternator Failure
- Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
- Expert Auto Repair in Troy, MO
- 7 Car Problems that Can Cause No-Start
- Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
- Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
- Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
- 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair