Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
With the worst winter weather on its way, you'll want to be sure your vehicle is prepared to handle challenging driving conditions. By checking off some important maintenance tasks, you can trust that your vehicle will keep you as safe as reasonably possible. Here's a look at seven types of winter auto maintenance.
Slippery roads and poor visibility make it crucial that your brakes are functioning flawlessly. As part of a brake inspection, the mechanic will look over all parts of your braking system to make sure they're in strong condition and ready to stop your car safely.
Check Wiper Blades/Fluid
For vehicles that are driven daily, wiper blades should be changed out twice per year, with heavy-duty blades being a popular option for the wintertime. And for clear visibility through your windshield, make sure you're driving with a proper amount of freeze-resistant wiper fluid.
Check Battery/Charging System
Because icy conditions can be brutal on a car battery, you'll want to get yours checked so that you can be confident it's unlikely to leave you stranded in frigid weather.
Check Tire Tread/Pressure
Inclement weather creates driving conditions that make it especially important that you have ample tire tread. If your tire tread has gotten below 6/32", it's time to start thinking about replacing them so you have maximum traction on wet roads.
Add New Antifreeze as Needed
It's important to consistently drive with the right level of clean antifreeze so that your engine doesn't get too cold, or too hot.
Check Exhaust System
Throughout the winter months, you'll always be driving with the windows up, making it especially important that an exhaust leak hasn't formed.
When the thermometer plummets below freezing, a properly functioning heating system will keep you safely warm, while also keeping your windshield clear.
Getting Auto Maintenance in Troy, MO
When you need auto maintenance in Troy, MO, give CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair a call at 636-528-4808 to schedule an appointment. Our experienced mechanics can expertly complete any of your vehicle's repair or maintenance needs before you hit the road!
- 3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
- 5 Warning Signs of Cooling System Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- 4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
- Follow these Simple Tips to Boost MPGs & Save Gas Money
- What can I do to prevent major transmission problems?
- Signs of Brake Failure We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Warning Signs of Engine Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
- Road Trip Auto Maintenance: A Quick Look at Important Tasks
- Simple Ways to Reduce the Risk of Serious Engine Trouble
- Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
- Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble that We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
- Common Causes of No-Start that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Symptoms of Cooling System Failure that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- What are common signs of diesel engine trouble?
- Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
- Common Signs of an Engine Problem
- What are common check engine light triggers?
- Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
- Important Benefits of Staying Up to Date with Oil Changes
- 6 Warning Signs of Alternator Failure
- Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
- Expert Auto Repair in Troy, MO
- 7 Car Problems that Can Cause No-Start
- Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
- Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
- Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
- 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair