Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
By taking some simple precautions, you can help to keep your brakes working strongly for a long time to come. However, if you do notice any symptoms of brake failure, you'll want to have the mechanic take a look as soon as possible. At CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair, our local mechanics are experts at conducting brake repair and maintenance in the greater Troy, MO area.
Quick Tips for Healthy Brakes
One way to reduce wear and tear on your brakes is to make sure you aren't resting your foot on the brake pedal when the brakes don't need to be engaged. Doing this can cause the brakes to become slightly engaged, which can in turn cause unnecessary brake degradation. When it does come time to slow down your vehicle, it's best if you begin decelerating by just letting off your brake pedal. Then when you need to slow down at a faster rate, you'll want to brake as gently as you safely can, which will help to minimize wear and tear.
By simply following the speed limit, you can also reduce wear and tear on your brakes. This is because when you speed you have less reaction time, making it more likely that you'll hit your brakes hard, which causes brake parts to wear down faster.
You'll also want to keep up with braking system maintenance. Commonly, brake pads need to be replaced by 30,000 miles, though how soon you'll need new pads will also depend on how aggressively/gently you use your brakes during your daily driving routine. Brake fluid should be exchanged every four or five years. For optimal brake function, it's important that you're driving with the proper level of clean brake fluid.
Brake Service in Troy, MO
When you need auto maintenance in Troy, MO, give CNC Automotive & Diesel Repair a call at 636-528-4808 to schedule an appointment. Our experienced mechanics can expertly complete any of your vehicle's repair or maintenance needs before you hit the road!
- 3 Maintenance Tasks to Prevent Severe Engine Trouble
- 5 Warning Signs of Cooling System Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- 4 Symptoms of a Cracked Engine Block
- Follow these Simple Tips to Boost MPGs & Save Gas Money
- What can I do to prevent major transmission problems?
- Signs of Brake Failure We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Warning Signs of Engine Trouble We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Simple Ways to Keep Your Brakes in Great Shape
- Road Trip Auto Maintenance: A Quick Look at Important Tasks
- Simple Ways to Reduce the Risk of Serious Engine Trouble
- Common Warning Signs of an Alternator Problem
- Warning Signs of Suspension Trouble that We Can Fix at our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Important Maintenance Tasks to Keep Your Engine Healthy
- Common Causes of No-Start that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- Symptoms of Cooling System Failure that We Can Fix at Our Troy, MO Auto Shop
- What are common signs of diesel engine trouble?
- Helpful Tips for Preventing Fuel Waste
- Common Signs of an Engine Problem
- What are common check engine light triggers?
- Auto Maintenance Tasks to Prepare Your Car for a Road Trip
- Important Benefits of Staying Up to Date with Oil Changes
- 6 Warning Signs of Alternator Failure
- Common Indications of a Transmission Problem
- Expert Auto Repair in Troy, MO
- 7 Car Problems that Can Cause No-Start
- Winter Auto Maintenance Tasks to Optimize Safety
- Recognizing Signs of Brake Trouble
- Follow these 7 Tips to Boost Gas Mileage
- 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair